“We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.”
Thank-you to our Dutch friend Ed for sending us this beautiful picture of the North Sea.
Happy Friday everyone! xo
Well, the Thursday saga continues Jan. 22. If you find yourself bored on a Thursday afternoon, spend it with me and whoever decides to show up in my basement. It’s a mystery even to me…Guests to date include my dog Bogie, and my creepy cat Marshall watching from afar. Marshall was unimpressed, but I think I can win him over this time. As always, I’ll do my best to take your requests and answer your questions lol. We all know what has happened every time… Oh time delays!
2 pm EST. An online Stageit show. PWYC.
Hope to see you there!
“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing…” -Thomas Jefferson
Until next time.
We would like to take a second to thank everyone who has taken the time to listen, review, and post about our little album. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really does mean so much to us. We don’t take anything for granted around here! Here are a couple really nice posts:
- EarBuddy: “Featured years ago in our Fresh Wax feature, indie chamber rock band Ophelia Syndrome have released a new album, North Sea, the follow-up to 2012’s All Things Forgotten. The band has shared the new single, “Stay”, from the album, a charming folk single that’s reminiscent of First Aid Kit and The Lumineers. However, the song is merely the tip of the iceberg when examining the versatility of the band’s latest album where Ophelia Syndrome are never pigeonholed to one particular music genre. Get started with “Stay” and then follow it up with the rest of North Sea.
- From Floorshime Zipper Boots: Ophelia Syndrome: North Sea “FZB favorites Ophelia Syndrome are back with a stunning new album, North Sea. The band bring a unique and original vision to indie music, with their own brand of rollicking rock, featuring strong vocals, lots of melodic inventiveness and sterling musicianship. Fine songwriting and flawless production cap the 10 tracks to make an absolute must have album.”
- Son of Marketing: Ophelia Syndrome è un’interessante collettivo statunitense (di Hamilton, Ontario) che ha debuttato nel 2012 con All Things Forgotten e utilizza vari linguaggi musicali. North Sea è il nuovo album che mette in evidenza le intenzioni melodiche dell’opera, grazie anche alla bravura e grazia vocale della cantante, con varie trame che si incrociano dal pop al folk a linee ruvide sino ad incursioni soul.
- Sub-Rock music made “North Sea” their first recommended album of 2015!
- iHeartHamilton added “Stay” to their January Playlist.
“North Sea” is here! This is our single “Stay”:
Wanna listen to the rest?? Just go to our music page: here.
Until next time. Xo.
I recorded a version of “Creep” for my friend Eric. One of the bravest people I have ever known. I love you Eric, even though we’re just a couple of creeps.
To read more, click here.
Until next time. xo.
Some of you may have already guessed I missed my calling as an Arteest. I know, I know, so talented… yeah, even I don’t believe that!
Thanks to those of you who have already got your tickets and sent me requests… see ya soon!
For more information, click here.